Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Zion National Park, Utah

The Utah national parks are just incredible. They are well run, very visitor friendly, and extremely well organized and run. In 2000, Zion added a shuttle service to cut down on the amount of traffic that goes through the park. I have to say, it works like a charm. You don't even have to go into the park to catch a shuttle. They have shuttles from the outlying town, Springfield, to take you to the visitor center, then you can transfer to the shuttle that takes you through the park. They run every 6-8 minutes, so you can get off at anyone of the seven stops and spend as much time there that you like. You don't have to worry about "making the bus" because they run up and down so often. This park was such a great experience, i'm thankful I added it to my itinerary. Without further adieu, heres the pics.....
So, there they are. Some of the best pics didn't come out the way I wanted. When I went to the narrows, it was a little dark for pics, and since I left my tevas at home, I couldn't go in because I you have to trek across the river. But none the less, it was a great time, and the scenery was just incredible. Tomorrow, i'm off to the Grand canyon. I'll keep you guys updated, hope your all having fun!!!

No comments: