Friday, September 14, 2007

Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming...

...This park was incredible. It's so big, you really have no idea until you visit it yourself. There's something like 230 million acres of land. To see it all in a month let alone two days is impossible. One of the rangers told me she has worked there six months and hasn't seen it all. Too give you an example, from the front gate to my camp grounds was a 14 mile drive. From my camp grounds to old faithful was another 14, and from old faithful to the mammoth hot springs was 25. It's absolutely nuts. Add in all the tourists suddenly slamming on there brakes to take a photo of some random buffalo, I felt like I was driving to work. I definetly underestimated the weather here. It was like 35 degrees at night, and I froze my ass off. But the most memorable thing, and my camera couldn't take the shot, so i'll appologize now, was the night sky. There's so many stars, that when you look up, it looks like someone spilled a salt shaker on a black table cloth, and i'm not exaggerating. At night, hearing the coyote's howl was the scariest and coolest thing all in one. I wish you guys could have been there. I will say, yellowstone would have been alot more fun if I had some friends there with me. Camping alone kinda sucks. But anyway, here's the pics i'm sure your waiting for.....
....These are just a few, the hot springs are blue because the water is so hot, no bacteria grows. The first one is of oldfaithful erupting. While I was there, a cannonball run came through, here's some of the cars.......
And for you stemwhackers........
So that's it for now. I'm writing from the border of Idaho and washington. I'll be in Seattle tomorrow...more pics to come.....

No comments: