Monday, September 17, 2007

Portland, Oregan

....This stop was a last minute decision. Originally I was going to hit the coast straight from Seattle, but considering Portland was so close, I figured what the hell. I met up with another person from Bikeforums, my friend donna. She was great. This girl has more info about Portland than a brochure. Her and I went and got lunch, then we walked around the city for about an hour. She gave me the 411 on just about everything from the cities transit system to it's history. I have to admit, this is a great city. probably the most progressive I've been to yet. The tram system can take you right to the airport. The streets are loaded with bike lanes ( practically everyone there rides bikes) and it's as clean as Boston. We stopped by this book store that was the size of wallmart. It sells both new and used books, and the titles are right next to each other so you don't have to go to another section if you want the used copy of the book your looking at. I only stayed a couple of hours, but I got to see alot. Heres the pics....
...And my tour guide....

This city seemed very european to me. Mainly because of it's transit system and all the bikes everywhere. But even so, it was such a fun city to be in. I can't wait to go back...

No comments: