Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Arches National Park, Moab

This park was incredible. The rock formations of the sandstone are something you really have to see for yourself. The pics just don't do them justice. I hiked probably around 10-15 miles today. At each point, you can go to the overview site which is a little ways away from the actual rock, or you can hike up a trail and get close. The park is very paticular about people leaving the trail though. Because of how the sand settles, what looks like flat ground is actually one large living organism that holds the sand, rock, and trees together. Stepping on it can kill an entire section. But even with that, the trails are so well groomed and well placed, that on some formations, you can climb on them. Heres some pics of todays trip....
I have so many more, I'm just not gonna post them all now. I have to leave something for the final project,right? Any way, i'm exausted from todays meanderings, and I have to pack up to go to yellowstone tomorrow, so it might be a day or so before I have something to post.see you all next time....

No comments: