Monday, October 1, 2007

Oklahoma National Memorial, Oklahoma

This was the single most touching place on my trip. Coming here, and standing where this picture was taken, reminded me of where I was and what I was doing back in August of 1995 when this happened. I was living in a shithole of an apartment, waiting tables and still wondering what the hell I was gonna do with my life. Things weren,t looking real good for me then, and I remember turning on my TV and seeing this on the news, and wondering, Why? Who? And then the picture of the fireman carrying out a bloody child from the collapse. It was the first act of terrorism, ( aside from the first World Trade Bombing) that I had lived through and it was a wake up call to bigger things in life. It was then that I called my friend Brett and told him I was thinking of becomeing a fireman. Turned out to be one of my better choices. May God bless all the souls that were lost here, the World trade center and in every other act of terrorism.
.....This was a very touching memorial. If you are ever on Oklahoma City, this is a stop you must make.

No comments: