Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Graceland, Tennessee

I'm going to apologize now for the pics. Inside the mansion, you can't use a flash OR have a tripod, so most of the pics were blurry, but I tried to post the best ones. Walking in to this house was special experience. It kind of reminded me of when my parents died and I had to clean out the house. Looking at everything still in it's place, but knowing two important pieces were missing. I give the Presley family alot of credit for opening up this house to the public. Everything was left exactly as it was all those years ago. The upstairs is closed off to the public, as the family wanted to keep that space private, and I agree with their decision. Looking at what this man accomplished in such a short life was truly amazing. I'm convinced Elvis single handedly bankrolled RCA. Nothing more to say on this one. Thank you Elvis for your contributions, and thank you to the rest of the Presley Family for allowing the public a glimpse of such a personal space........
They say all the roads lead out there to memphis
.........Someone turned the lights out there in Memphis
That's where my family's buried and gone....

--Lights Out
Lisa Marie Presley

No comments: